A Message from the Pastor and Leaders to the GMOBC Family
PLEASE NOTE: No services will be held at the building on Sunday or Wednesday.
We know how stressful a time this is. We continue to think of all of you and pray for you and your families in this time of protecting ourselves as the nation copes with the COVID-19 situation.
Last week’s presentation on Sunday by Minister of Music, Itom Inyabri and Pastor Alexander was spread far and wide. Many people viewed the presentation from various locations. We also received dozens of commendations for providing this information. It continues to prove that GMOBC is a church that cares about people.
Our county leaders have asked us to not meet in groups of more than 10 in an indoor auditorium. In order to prevent the spread of disease and protect both our families and community, we will not have services (either Sunday or Wednesday). We will listen to our county leaders and we will reassess and determine when it is prudent to meet again.
However, we remain concerned about the spiritual needs of the congregation. Our leadership met and came up with an excellent plan to keep spiritual growth and vitality alive during this time.
- On Wednesday nights, Pastor Alexander will present lessons on spiritual disciplines. We will send out a mass text in the afternoon to alert the congregation and give a link to where it will be as well as a dial in number.
- On Sundays, worship service will be conducted through Facebook live at 11 am CST.
Each Thursday, you will receive an electronic bulletin to keep you informed of the news at GMOBC. We are grateful for all these efforts to continue the spiritual environment GMOBC has always enjoyed.
We would like to remind you of some things to do.
- This is a wonderful time for family heads (especially fathers and husbands) to lead their homes spiritually. Make sure worship remains a priority in your family.
- There are many resources online that will provide songs to sing and the words and music. If you need more information, contact our Minister of Music who is pulling together some those resources to use in worship.
- Take the necessary precautions. Continue to wash hands correctly and often. Refrain from touching your face. Practice social distancing.
- Reach out to those who might need help. You could buy supplies for a shut-in and leave it at the door. Make phone calls to other members to keep in contact and to show love and care.
- Also, do not forget our financial commitments continue. We are continuing to pay our staff during this situation and we continue to support missionaries. We continue to pay bills. Our financial situation is important but so is the Christian grace of giving to the Lord. You can mail your check to the church building where it will be picked up by a staff member, make a contribution through our online site at gmocdallastx.org/giving or the Givelify app (search for Greater Mount Olive Baptist Church, Lionell Alexander).
We love you all and miss being together. We continue to pray that the Lord will protect us, our nation and our world. We know there are many things we can do but we also are convinced that at the Lord in charge and in full control of all things. Continue to pray, worship, and protect.
Peace and blessings to all in this crisis.